The MATC Libraries provide Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service for its students and faculty to provide access to materials not held by the MATC Libraries.
To request material not owned by the MATC Libraries an interlibrary loan request form must be filled out at the reference desk or online here. The Library will make every reasonable effort to locate a library which owns the requested item(s) and is willing to loan it to us. Once the material has arrived from the lending library, the ILL librarian will notify the requestor that where and when the item can be picked up. If the material is not obtainable, the ILL librarian will notify the requestor.
- MATC faculty, staff and students are eligible to use ILL at no cost to them.
- There is a maximum of 5 ILL requests per week by one individual.
- Requests for items the MATC Library already owns will not be made.
- The MATC Library can make no guarantee that items will arrive within a certain time frame, if at all.
- We rely on the generosity of other institutions, and receive materials based on their own policies and in some cases, costs for providing ILL materials to us.
- If the cost MATC incurs for receiving an ILL item is deemed too high by the ILL librarian, they will contact the requestor to discuss other options.
- Interlibrary Loan requests generally take 2-3 days to process and may take up to 3 weeks to receive.
- Materials received through interlibrary loan will be held at our library for 7 days and may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Unclaimed interlibrary loan items will be returned after 7 days.
- The loan period for interlibrary loan items is typically 2 weeks. Renewals are up to the discretion of the owning library.
- Fees will be applied to overdue or lost interlibrary loan items.