General Library Policies
In order to ensure constructive use of Milwaukee Area Technical College Library facilities, materials, and services, as well as the personal comfort of all patrons, the following rules have been established:
- Reasonable quiet is expected. No patron may disturb others using the Library. This is not limited to, but also includes the use of cell phones.
- Misconduct such as the use of foul or threatening language and gestures, public drunkenness, drug usage, sale or exchange of alcohol or drugs, persistent loud talking and laughing, fighting, and other behavior deemed offensive by Library staff may result in expulsion from the Library and suspension of Library privileges.
- To ensure the health and safety of all patrons, sleeping is not allowed in the Library.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the care and supervision of children. Children under the age of 13 must be supervised at all times.
- The use of tobacco products are not allowed in the Library. Non-alcoholic beverages in covered containers are permitted.
- Prepared foods and open-topped beverages are not allowed. Snack foods and drinks with tops are allowed in the study areas. All items must be cleaned-up and the trash disposed of.
- Pets are not permitted in the Library. Only animals properly identified as service animals are allowed.
- Library materials must be returned on time and in good condition.
- A patron is responsible for their ID card and any material charged on their card. No patron will allow another person to obtain access to computers, materials, or online resources using their identification.
- Library patrons who deliberately alter a Library computer database or destroy computer equipment will forfeit all Library privileges and will be subject to financial liability for damages.
- Library staff or security guards may request a patron to provide proper identification. Failure to provide such identification may lead to removal from the library.