An InfoPass allows MATC students, faculty and staff to borrow items from other local libraries, based on the other library's loan policy. With the InfoPass program, you go to the other library to pick up and return the material. This allows you to get the materials faster than with Interlibrary Loan.
- An Infopass cannot be requested for textbooks or materials that are currently owned within any of the four MATC libraries, even if items are checked out or located at another campus library.
- Patrons must identify specific titles and call numbers of items that are desired and the locations that hold these items before requesting an Infopass.
- There is a limit of 1 Infopass per day and 3 items per Infopass.
- Once issued, an Infopass is valid for one week.
- The loan period for Infopass materials is determined by the loaning library.
- Patrons are responsible for returning the material to the lending library by the due date.
- Patrons are responsible for all overdue/lost material charges incurred at the rate of the loaning library.
- Infopass requests are made in person with the library staff, who complete the online form.
- The online form is submitted to the loaning library and a paper copy is given to the patron, or they can present it on their phone.