Tutoring Services & Academic Support
Tutoring Schedules | Types of Tutoring | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
How to become an MATC tutor
Tutoring Services is able to help our students because of the many talented tutors we hire. If you are qualified and would like to join our team of excellent tutors, read on.
MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer and committed to workplace diversity. As we believe in excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
First, learn more about the job of an MATC tutor through our Frequently Asked Questions, including information about certification as a tutor. Then ...
If you are an MATC student:
- You may fill out an Interest in Tutoring form to start the application process. Ensure you fill out the form completely and attach your transcripts, or your application will not be considered. To tutor a course, you need to have already passed it with a B or better.
- Staff will send your information to the Educational Assistant in your subject area.
- If a position is open, the Educational Assistant will set up a formal interview, and you will be asked to fill out pre-employment paperwork.
- You will only receive a phone call if a position is open. Please do not call us to check on your application — we will let you know if there is an opening.
If you are not an MATC student:
- Fill out the online MATC application for the position you want. Options are:
- Bilingual Tutor-Various Subject Areas
- Tutor-Health Sciences,*
- Tutor-Science,* and
- Tutor-Various Subject Areas.
- Tutoring Services staff will call or email you if they wish to interview you.
* We distinguish between Heath Sciences and general Science. Please apply to the position that most closely matches your experience and education.