Tutoring Schedules | Types of Tutoring | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
How to become an MATC tutor
Tutoring Services is able to help our students because of the many talented tutors we hire. If you are qualified and would like to join our team of excellent tutors, including Supplemental Instruction leaders and Structured Learning Assistance leaders, read on.
MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer and committed to workplace diversity. As we believe in excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.
First, learn more about the job of an MATC tutor through our Frequently Asked Questions, including information about certification as a tutor. Then ...
If you are an MATC student:
- You may fill out an Interest in Tutoring form* to start the application process. Ensure you fill out the form completely and attach your transcripts, or your application will not be considered. To tutor a course, you need to have already passed it with a B or better.
- Submit the form to staff at the campus where you would like to work.
- Staff will send your information to the hiring manager in charge of your subject area.
- If a position is open, the hiring manager will ask you to fill out the full application and set up a formal interview.
- You will only receive a phone call if a position is open. Please do not call us to check on your application — we will let you know if there is an opening.
* Staff can give you a paper form, if you prefer.
If you are not an MATC student:
- Fill out the online MATC application for the position you want. Options are:
- Tutor-Health Sciences,**
- Tutor-Science,** and
- Tutor-Various Subject Areas.
- Tutoring Services staff will call or email you if they wish to interview you.
** We distinguish between Heath Sciences and general Science. Please apply to the position that most closely matches your experience and education.