Tutoring Services & Academic Support
Tutoring Schedules | Types of Tutoring | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
How to become an MATC tutor
MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer and committed to workplace diversity. As we believe in excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Tutoring Services & Academic Support is able to help our students because of the many talented tutors we hire. Learn more about the job of an MATC tutor through our Frequently Asked Questions, including information about certification as a tutor. Then ...
If you are an MATC student:
- You may fill out an Interest in Tutoring form to start the application process. Ensure you fill out the form completely and attach your transcripts, or your application will not be considered. To tutor a course, you need to have already passed it with a B or better.
- If a position is open, staff will set up a formal interview, and you will be asked to fill out pre-employment paperwork.
- You will only hear from us if a position is open. Please do not call us — we will let you know if there is an opening.
If you are not an MATC student:
- Fill out the online MATC application for the position you want. Options are:
- Tutor, Bilingual in Various Subjects
- Tutor, English - Reading - Speech - Writing,
- Tutor, Healthcare Sciences,*
- Tutor, Math,
- Tutor, Sciences,* and
- Tutor, Various Subjects.
- Tutoring Services & Academic Support staff will call or email you if they wish to interview you. You will only hear from us if a position is open.
* We distinguish between Healthcare sciences and general sciences. Please apply to the position that most closely matches your experience and education.