Can MATC students check out items from other libraries?
MATC has two programs through which our students/faculty/staff can obtain items from other libraries:
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is another program available that allows students and faculty to request books, A/V materials and journal articles from any non-MATC library. The items are then shipped to MATC. There is a maximum of 5 ILL requests per week by one individual. ILL requests are not made for textbooks or for items the MATC Library already owns. ILL requests may take up to 3 weeks to receive. The loan period for ILL items is typically 2 weeks. Renewals are up to the discretion of the owning library. Fees will be applied to overdue or lost interlibrary loan items. ILL requests may be submitted through a reference librarian.
An INFOPASS allows participating local libraries to grant MATC students, staff, and faculty the privilege to borrow items from their collection, based on their loan policy.
- An Infopass cannot be requested for textbooks or materials that are currently owned within any of the four MATC libraries, even if items are checked out or located at another campus library.
- Patrons go to the other library to pick up the materials and return the materials to the other library.
- Patrons must identify specific titles and call numbers of items that are desired and the locations that hold these items before requesting an Infopass.
- There is a limit of 1 Infopass per day and 3 items per Infopass.
- Once issued, an Infopass is valid for two weeks.
- The loan period for Infopass materials is determined by the loaning library.
- Patrons are responsible for returning the material to the lending library by the due due.
- Patrons are responsible for all overdue/lost material charges incurred at the rate of the loaning library.
- Infopass requests are made in person with the reference librarian, who completes an online form.
- The online form is submitted to the loaning library; no paper form is necessary.
Staff: Refer to the staff-only InfoPass guide to place or fill requests.
Wisconsin Library Catalog
Technical College Libraries
Rate this page...
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Downtown Campus Library
700 W. State St.
Milwaukee, WI 53233
What do you do at MATC?
Librarian (Cataloging, Reference)
How long have you worked at MATC?
When you aren't at MATC, what might we find you doing?
Exploring Milwaukee's historic architecture on foot and by bike. Finding new restaurants and good chocolate.