Tutoring Services & Academic Support
Tutoring Schedules | Types of Tutoring | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
All hours are subject to change without notice; call 414-297-7386 to verify.
Papers received by the Online Writing Lab (OWL) after 12:00 p.m. Friday will be responded to on the following workday.
Please send your paper as an attachment in Microsoft Word (.docx) or (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following information in the body of your email:
Please allow one to two business days for a response. Papers submitted outside of normal MATC Writing Center hours are looked at when the center next reopens. In other words, papers submitted over the weekend will be returned the following Monday or Tuesday.
Instructors: We offer Writing Skills Workshops, which are especially helpful for instructors of non-English courses who assign papers. For example, "WS-4: Where do I begin? Preparing a First Draft" can help history students get started in the writing process, and "WS-8: To Cite or Not to Cite? APA Documentation Made Easy" can help psychology students properly format their papers.
Request a workshop today!
The entire writing lab: They were an absolute pleasure to work with.
I worked with all of them at least once this semester and they were all incredible and (made) English fun.
We currently work in person or online with any MATC student who needs help with the following:
• Understanding the steps of the writing process
• Practicing prewriting techniques
• Building an outline
• Doing research
• Developing a thesis statement
• Constructing a logical argument
• Improving proofreading and editing skills
• Analyzing literature
• Using updated MLA/APA/Chicago style documentation
• Building sentence skills
• Using Internet resources such as the Online Writing Lab (OWL)
• Refining scholarship essays
However, we do not:
• Assist with quizzes, take-home exams, or tests
• Substitute for class time
• Write/edit/proofread personal correspondence, business or legal documents, or homework from another college
We look forward to working with you in the coming year, and we welcome suggestions for how we might better serve your students. We are located in C270 at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus.
If you have any other questions, please call 297-6791 or email email@example.com.
MATC Writing Center Staff
MATC Writing Center/ Online Writing Lab