Welcome | Types of Tutoring | Tutoring Schedules | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
What is Assigned Tutoring?
Assigned Tutoring (AT) is a form of tutoring used when there are no Walk-In tutors available for a subject. (Search for available Walk-In sessions.) AT features:
- the same tutor each week;
- one-hour weekly tutoring appointments in small groups;
- up to five students per group (all in same subject);
- weekly session email reminders; and
- required and monitored attendance.
Assigned Tutoring is available at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus only. For tutoring opportunities at the regional campuses, check with the staff in the Academic Support Centers.
- For the Mequon Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room A282.
- For the Oak Creek Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room A208.
- For the West Allis Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room 249.
What do I have to do to sign up for an Assigned Tutoring appointment at the Milwaukee Campus?
First, check the Walk-In schedule. If there is a Walk-In tutor available for your subject, please use that tutor.
If a Walk-In tutor is not available, download and complete the Assigned Tutoring Application below. You may also pick up a hard copy of the application in Room C201.
Important points to remember:
- Apply for a tutor early in the semester to increase the chances of being matched with a tutor.
- Follow the directions carefully in applying for the tutor assignment.
- Tutoring Services cannot guarantee every student will be assigned a tutor. There is a limited number of available tutors to match students' schedules.
- Tutoring Services will contact you via your MATC email as soon as a match is found.
- A match is based on the course(s) you need help with and the times you are available.
- Attendance is required at your assigned sessions or you may be dropped.
What are students saying?
Tutoring Services (in C201) is open from 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday for fall semester. We are closed during breaks.