Welcome | Types of Tutoring | Tutoring Schedules | Academic Support | Tools & Resources | Meet our Tutors | Become a Tutor | Instructors Toolbox
How to become an MATC tutor
Tutoring Services is able to help our students because of the many talented tutors we hire. If you are qualified and would like to join our team of excellent tutors, including Supplemental Instruction leaders and Structured Learning Assistance leaders, read on.
First, learn more about the job of an MATC tutor through our Frequently Asked Questions, including information about certification as a tutor. Then ...
If you are an MATC student:
- Go to the Tutoring or Academic Support Center at the campus where you'd like to work:
- For the Downtown Milwaukee Campus, go to Tutoring Services in Room C201.
- For the Mequon Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room A282.
- For the Oak Creek Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room A208.
- For the West Allis Campus, go to the Academic Support Center in Room 249.
- Staff will direct you to the hiring manager in charge of your subject area. Contact the hiring manager to ask about available positions.
- If there is a position available, the hiring manager will have you fill out application paperwork and set up a formal interview.
If you are not an MATC student:
- Fill out the online MATC application for the position you want. Options are:
- Tutor-Science, and
- Tutor-Various Subject Areas.
- Tutoring Services will contact you if they wish to interview you.
If you prefer to volunteer: